Welcome to my blog!
This is Fatema El-Wakeel, Data and Analytics Strategy Evangelist, practitioner, University of Cambridge researcher and knowledge volunteer. I use my PhD and MBA frameworks to create the right strategies and ecosystems for successful Data and Analytics transformations.
As a practitioner and researcher, I am on a volunteering mission to share evidence-based advice and thought-leadership on how to strategise Data and Analytics. Through my publications, podcasts and other channels, I share with executives and leaders how to successfully scale Data and Analytics.
Having scaled and enabled Data and Analytics in organisations for more than 10 years, my experience includes creating roadmaps and strategies, setting Analytics Communities as well as executing projects and utilising Data Analytics to recommend Strategic and Operational decisions.
I have led change management, organisation restructuring and innovation projects in both multinationals and public sectors globally. Also, had the honour to be the keynote speaker in international conferences, guest lecturer in universities and speaker in different forums.
FMCG, Consulting, Automotive, IT, Hospitality and others in both multinationals and public sectors.
- PhD Researcher with a focus on strategically scaling Data and Analytics – University of Cambridge, UK
- MBA holder with focus on Strategic implementation of Data and Analytics in businesses – University of Manchester, UK
- Qualified Management Accountant (CMA) – Institute of Management Accountants, USA.
- BSc. Accounting – Alexandria University, Egypt
- Global Assembly Member, University of Manchester
- Global Board of Director, American Institute of Management Accountants.
- IMA Technology Solutions Practices Committee – Data Analytics representative
- Provide Data Analytics volunteer support to small local businesses and charities
- IMA Leadership Platinum Level
- Recognition certificate by Jaguar Land Rover main engine supplier
- IMA Distinguished Member Award 2015
- Manchester Business School Women Leading in Business Scholarship
- Hilton World Wide – IMA Young Professional Award Nomination
Besides my passion for Data and Analytics, I am a duathlete (run and cycle) who enjoys travelling, hiking, reading and trying new cuisines.
* All views shared here are my own
Skills & Expertise: Community Building | Tableau | Data Visualisation | Technology Communications | SQL | Data Analysis | Visual Analytics | Content | Podcast | Writing | Public Speaking | Webinars | Tutorials | Events | Brand Awareness | Creativity | Data Analytics | Visualisation | Modelling | Data Analytics Team Capabilities | Data Engineering | Strategy | Execution | Agile Methodology | Scenario Analysis | Python | GCP | Google Cloud Platform | Blog | Data Science | Robotics | Automation
Please feel free to get in touch with me on Twitter, LinkedIn or via the ‘Get in touch page.